Monday, May 21, 2018

Garden Process: 2 weeks

I don't have any photos this time either I'm sorry aaaaaaa-

The morning glories have sprouted! They're about one or two inches tall, I believe? We've been really lucky this week since it's been raining a lot :o but I'll still remember to go out and plant the flower bed as new flowers move in. I've also gotten some new trinkets to put in them, too!

The lettuce and herbs are still healthy, but they haven't been growing as fast, unfortunately. It might be because we layered two sheets on top of each other (the actual sheets were too big to fit in our pots). But the corn has amazed each and every day since I planted them, especially the ones I recently planted in new bags this week. The older plants are almost a foot long, I think!! I'm confident in how much it should yield.

I need to look up how to make room in the pit for the watermelon plants soon. I'm not sure how much longer they're going to live inside the plastic mini pots from the store.

I planted the sunflower seeds over by an old (not functional) satellite dish right at the edge of the woods, where the sun hits it brightly for most of the day and the soil is reasonably rich and loose, on Friday or Saturday. I did the same trick to get them started as I did the corn seeds, and they seemed to sprout just as fast as the corn did. Also, sunflowers don't do well transplanted, so I needed to plant them directly into the ground. Now, I just need to wait for the seeds to get over the ground. Again, I've been thankful for the rain. I have to go out by the woods less :p

I'm not confident in the plants in my peat pots anymore. We've left them in the heat, kept them watered, and waited, but nothing's showed up, unfortunately. I may just need to be patient, but it's been at least almost a week.

But other than the peat pots, everything's coming to fruition! I can't wait to see how everything turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment